New Year, New Books - and 2018 Favorites!

2018 was an incredible year of reading!  I really broadened my 'diet' across genres and made a concerted effort to 'read in the edges' a la Donalyn Miller.  Simple things like putting the library and kindle apps on the home page of my phone, always having a book (or 5) in the car, and listening to audio books all helped me read more. 

I encourage you to set your own reading goals this year - something that will make a difference in your reading life.  As with anything, start small and keep it manageable!  We all sit in our cars or in waiting rooms for snippets of time - read then!  Maybe you can listen to an audio book on your lunch?  The great thing about reading is that the more you do it, the more you want to.  And, everything counts!  Picture books, YA, nonfiction - read what you like!

From July to December I read 51 books.  There were more in the first half of the year but I didn't start officially tracking until July.  So, since my sense of time/year are more closely aligned with the school year than the calendar year, I'm aiming for another 60 books by June 30, 2019.  You can track my progress and titles along with me here.


If you need a place to start, here a few of my favorites from 2018:

 




And, my top pick of 2018 was also my last read of the year.  Becoming by Michelle Obama was a game-changer for me.  I encourage everyone, especially every woman, to read it - even better, listen to the audio version read by the author herself.  





I'd love to hear about your favorite books from 2018.  Comment with the titles below!

Happy New Year!  And, happy reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment