Reading Round-up: September 2018

Fall is here! Mums, hay bails, and scarecrows are out and pumpkin spice coffee everything lines the shelves.  My favorite thing about October is the weather - there's just something special about sunny, crisp, October days.  But enough weather, on to books...

September's reads will be tough to top -  a few are destined to become all-time favorites. The power in this month's pages comes from two very different women - Eleanor Oliphant and Starr Carter.  If you haven't had the pleasure of 'meeting' these two amazing ladies, I suggest you make it happen soon.



With her dry sarcasm, quick wit, and somehow adorable naivte, Eleanor made me laugh out loud more than once (while driving, alone).  Through Eleanor, Gail Honeyman reminds us about the importance of true friendship, hope, and kindness in a world that moves too quickly.  I highly recommend the audio version - the narration is flawless.


Starr Carter is the name soon to be on everyone's lips when she graces the big screen in this month's film adaptation of The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas.  Starr is courageous.  She is honest.  She loves, fears, and hopes.  This is one of those books - whether for you its a mirror or a window - that must be read.  And then it must be shared. I know I'm late to the party on this one - it's been in my 'to-be-read' stack forever - but if you haven't read it either, do it now before the movie is released!  You'll read it in a weekend, I promise.


And here are the other titles that rounded out September.  Great things to say about each of them - just ask!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment